- Overall City Wide Residential Winner goes to #4 Sue Circle.
- Overall City Wide Commercial Winner goes to the Jackson County Courthouse.
- Commercial First Place Winner goes to Patti Mullins' office on Hwy 367 North.
- Commercial Second Place Winner goes to Endless Summer Tans also on Hwy 367 North.
- First Place Residential Winner in Area 1 was 323 Logan Street. Second Place winner was 319 Elm, with Honorable Mention going to the Logan's Addition area.
- First Place Residential Winner in Area 2 was 2808 Kimberly. Second place winner was 2806 Lynn, with Honorable Mention going to 410 Allen Circle.
- First Place Residential Winner in Area 3 was 2200 Elizabeth Circle. Second Place Winner was 2101 Ester Circle. Honorable Mention goes to 515 Holden and 1001 Holden.
- First Place Residential Winner in Area 4 was 1902 Stowe Road. Second Place winner was 2600 Ivy Drive. Honorable Mention goes to 1116 Nancy Avenue.
"Congratulations to all the winners of our lighting contest. Decisions were difficult this year as there were so many great lighting displays. If you haven't driven around Newport to look at all the lighting displays, you are missing something," from the Lions Club.
Next week's (12-27) edition of the Newport Independent will feature photos of the winning decorations.